Track & Field Gear
Each athlete is issued a singlet. The singlet is their to have for the season only. Athlete must wear completely block shorts or black running tights, and/or a combination or be subject to uniform violations. Advancing post-season relay teams will be provided with matching bottoms.
Primary gear needed for track & field are a good pair of running shoes, a pair of spikes, throwing or jump shoes for competition, and a basic wrist sport watch (with a stopwatch). Watches are required for practice for distance athletes.
Visit one of our locally owned running stores, either Fleet Feet Sports on Third Street or Heart & Sole Sports on Fourth Street, to be fitted by trained staff (many of whom are current or former track & field athletes and coaches). All student athletes receive 20% off trainers and spikes at both stores.
Our team store is now open!
To order Montgomery specific gear, go to https://bsnteamsports.com/shop/MHSCCTF22 and order by March 3, 2022.
Additional gear that is recommended, but not required, include the following:
- Moisture wicking socks to prevent blisters
- Compression sleeves to prevent shin splints (a limited number of team sleeves are available for rent)
- A foam roll for recovery/injury prevention (the team has some available for use after practice)
- A massage stick for recovery/injury prevention (the team has some available for use after practice)
- A Garmin watch - expensive but valuable for distance runners wishing to gather more data
- Rocktape or KT Tape to assist with injury prevention
- Arch supports like Superfeet or something similar
Spike Night on Saturday, February. 26th from 5-7:30 p.m. at Fleet Feet (parents will receive a discount that night as well).